BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Twitter Backgrounds »

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Attitudes

Do you have a bad attitude? I know I do sometimes! We get attitudes when we are in a bad mood, something might not go exactly our way, might not get what we want for dinner, or even with someone we don't really get along with. Attitudes are not necessary though. When we get an attitude with someone especially over something so stupid and pointless all we are doing is hurting ourselves and not living the way God wants us to. The Bible teaches us that we are to turn the other cheek. That isn't just something we should do when we feel like it. It is something we should do all the time. As a kid almost being a teenager we use the excuse that its us going through puberty or people are just getting on our nerves, but there is really no true excuse to cover up us having bad attitudes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As an adult it's easy to have a bad attitude at times for whatever reason. But think, as Jesus was being crucified He asked God to forgive the people because they didn't know what they were doing. I can't imagine having that kind of attitude! When someone cuts me off on the road, I sometimes think, I hope a cop is up ahead and you get a fat ticket!!! We can never be perfect because there is only one who is perfect, but we can strive to be like Him. Maybe I'll just say a prayer for the next crazy driver who crosses my path! Haha!

Emily said...

When we know we have a bad attitude, we need to take a deep breath and move on!